Thursday, July 1, 2010

The dangers of henna tatooing

A five-year-old boy from Queensland, Australia was left with a large, intricately detailed, dragon-shaped scar after a henna tattoo he received in Bali left him with a chemical burn. His parents fear that he may be scarred for life.

Cannon Cribb received the henna tattoo while he was holidaying with his parents in Bali, Indonesia. The “henna” actually contained para-phenylenediamine, but no reaction was noticed until the henna wore off, leaving a large welt in the shape of the oriental dragon that he had been tattooed with.

No comments: