Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dear My Strange Addiction on TLC...

I have to admit, you had me fooled before you aired. My idea of TV heaven is watching a bunch of hot mess people talking about how crazy they are.

But it took less than 2 minutes for me to realize that your show is one of the worst shows on air right now.

First of all, half of these things aren't really addictions. I'm pretty sure the girl that is "addicted to laxatives" is actually just a plain old boring anorexic. The guy "addicted to eating glass" really is just addicted to trying to convince his dumb-ass hipster friends that he is cool when he is wasted. Don't even get me started on the girl who eats couch cushions. Just go to the store and by some foam if is so freaking delicious. You really ate 7 couches? I call BS.

Second, the treatment is bunk. One or two therapy sessions isn't going to cure anyone. If it did cure you, there wasn't anything wrong with you in the first place. And if your doctor can't find anything wrong with your stomach after eating soap for 50 years, you are faking it.

Thirdly, enough with the staged conversations and fake reactions from "concerned" family members. Worst Actors Ever.

It takes a lot for me to say this, I'll pretty much watch anything, but My Strange addiction, you are officially deleted from my DVR.

No comments: